This class is all about achieving cake decorating perfection with on trend designs. You'll go home with your amazing geometric creation and the confidence to design and decorate stunning cakes every time. You'll learn how to make delicate wafer paper flowers which is a gorgeous contrast against the modern tones of the cake.
The class is taught in our welcoming and brilliantly equipped studio. Lunch is included. As well as lots of tea and coffee.
- Learn how to add stunning marble effect using fondant
- Our super sharp edge technique
- Using current trends and metalics on cakes
- Creating geometric patterns using plain and marbled paste.
- Use a range of tools and equipment to take your cakes to the next level.
- Professional cake styling hints and tips
- Painting on a watercolour feature to your top tier.
- How to make delicate wafer paper roses
- How to secure them to the cake
- Add gold/silver leaf to your cake as well as metalic painting.
This class is perfect if you've covered large cakes before and want to perfect your skills. If you haven't, have a look at our Sharp Edge Two Tier Cake Class as that's a great introduction before moving on to this class.
**** So we can fit this design into 1 day and keep your costs down, you will be required to bring along 2 covered sharp edge dummy cakes. Please bring a 4 inch round by 4 inch deep cake in white so we can paint this with a water colour effect. Also a 6 inch round by 5 inch deep covered cake drum in any colour of your choosing. We will be covering the 8 inch tier in class with a marble effect and sharp edges ****
This class is taught using dummy cakes so we can focus on decorating techniques and creating stunning flowers. You'll take home your own decorated 3 tier dummy cake, which will be perfect to display or use at wedding fairs for months to come.