This class is all about achieving wedding cake perfection. You'll go home with your amazing creation and the confidence to design and decorate stunning stacked wedding cakes every time.
The class is taught in our welcoming and brilliantly equipped studio. You don't need to bring any equipment along, everything will be ready and waiting for you to get stuck in. This is a 2 day class. Lunch is included on both days. As well as lots of tea and coffee.
- Perfect your cake covering technique for a flawless finish.
- Super sharp edge technique
- Using ganache to cover your cake for perfect straight edges
- We show you 3 different ways of doing ruffles so you can create your chosen look
- Make a range of sugar flowers including ranunculus, fluffy peony, ruffled rose, wired berries and leaves
- Use a range of tools and equipement to take your cakes to the next level.
- Professional wedding cake styling hints and tips
- Learn to store, transport and stack your wedding cakes
- Adding, ribbons, embellishments and other finishing touches
- Learn wedding consultation hints and tips including cake portion and serving guides.
This class is perfect if you've covered large cakes before and want to perfect your skills. If you haven't, have a look at our Sharp Edge Two Tier Cake Class as that's a perfect introduction before moving on to this class. This class is taught over 2 days from 10am - 4pm.
This class is taught using 3 dummy cakes and 1 real cake which you'll ganache. During day 1 you'll make a whole host of sugar flowers then begin covering dummy cakes if there is time. Day 2 we'll be ganaching a 6 inch cake, covering all dummy cakes, adding on some seriously gorgeous ruffles and add all the flowers. You'll take home your own decorated 3 tier dummy cake, which will be perfect to display or use at wedding fairs for months to come. Also, your 6 inch ganache cake for you to decorate at home or eat up!