Wafer paper flowers are the hottest new trend on the cake scene. They're light, beautiful, elegant, can be made months in advance and are inexpensive to create. You'll go home with your beautiful creations and the confidence to design and make stunning wafer paper flowers in all shapes and sizes.
The class is taught in our welcoming and brilliantly equipped setting.
In the class you'll....
- Learn all about wafer paper and how you can incorporate it into your cake decorating.
- See how versatile it can be when used in a variety of ways.
- Make david austin roses, peonies, anemone flower and 2 styles of leaves.
- Templates to take home for all of the flowers you'll make on the day and the best ways to cut them out for a perfect finish.
- Constructing your flowers.
- Teasing petals them to give really natural shapes and curves.
- How to attach your finished flowers to your dummy cake.
- How to attach a wafer paper wrap to your bottom tier of cake.
- Arranging your flowers to show them off in all their glory!
*** You'll need to bring along 3 covered dummy cakes and a cake drum covered in paste in a cake box. This is fine to bring stacked if you wish. The sizes needed are a 10 inch round cake drum. All dummy tiers need to be 5 inchs deep and are 8, 6 and 4 inch round. Sharp edges are needed, especially on the base tier. This needs to be as sharp and straight as possible to achive the best wafer paper wrap results.
The colour of your cake is up to you. The wrap design on the bottom tier will be either on a black or a white background with a pink floral design like the photo. All flowers will be made in a range of pink colours ****