In this class you’ll master some of the hottest wedding cake trends this year. We’ll share the secrets to layering cake and how to work with ganache for perfectly straight edges. You’ll learn how to add lustre and delicate lace detail.
- Perfectly preparing a round cake using chocolate ganache.
- Our ganache recipe, which chocolate is best to use and why.
- Covering the cake and achieving beautiful sharp edges.
- Adding lustre all over to achieve a brush stroke free, shimmery finish
- Hints and tips on how to create your lace design.
- Using applique, various cutters and moulds to make lace.
- Using royal icing to pipe pearls, flowers and brush embroidery.
You’ll take home your completed cake that we've baked for you. All equipment you use during the day is here ready and waiting for you. Lunch and full notes of the day are included. All you need to bring is an apron.
It would be useful to have had some experience of using sugarpaste before coming to this class. Our Cupcakes Start to Finish Class or our Basic Cake Covering Class would be perfect. If you’re unsure, please give us a call to have a chat or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.